Michelle N. Gibson creates choreographic works artistically related to the communal experience and engagement of her New Orleans culture. She sees each commission as an opportunity to utilize Contemporary Modern, African Diasporic, and Jazz dance aesthetics, all of which embody the social, political, economic, and spiritual manifestation of African people. By doing so, she presents the roots and spiritual impulse of her community in its most authentic form on the proscenium stage.
- Dallas Black Dance Theater
- Dallas Youth Repertory Project
- Ashe Cultural Arts Center
- Nikiruka Drum and Dance Ensemble
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Henderson State University
- The American Dance Festival among other great community centers, schools, and festivals.